- Avoid head-to-head contact.
- Keep hair braided or pulled up in a ponytail or bun.
- Avoid bedding, pillows, or carpets that have been used by someone with lice in the past 24 hours.
- Use a good lice comb at least once a week for 2-5 minutes while hair is damp.
- Wash hair with a mint- based shampoo 1-2 times a week.
- Use a mint spray daily.
- Bring your own pillows to sleepovers.
- Do weekly family head checks.
- Tell everyone you had contact with if your family has/had lice and ask them to check their heads.